The boys are loving Tae Kwon Do and have already passed the test for their yellow belt! They're super stoked. In October they will be testing for their purple belts. This means they need sparring gear soon. We're looking at $220/kid. Um.... I guess for my birthday I want sparring gear for my kids?
Jacey is loving dance! There are 3 girls in her class and she is the oldest. I'm going to ask tonight about moving her into a class with older kids for the fall class. She needs it. In october she will also begin rehersals for the Nutcracker in december, along with her regular classes. I've been searching like crazy for a preschool for her. I'm running into a few problems though... the ones I can afford are full! Hopefully the waiting lists move quick!
Hubby has narrowed his list down and has 3 choices to take to the retention NCO. Hopefully he will be resigning in October into one of the three. Keep your fingers crossed for him! This means he'll be leaving again soon.... but I'd much rather send him away to a few months of school than to Afghanistan.
I'm glad we have Christmas paid for already, because we vacationed our way through our savings this summer! We had a blast though and got to spend lots of time with our family members and friends.
I am ready to ship kids to school and get this house back on some kind of a schedule. I'm going to attempt keeping my sanity through it all! I've been a lazy cook and our budget has taken a hit from it, so it's back to savvy shopping and batch cooking to get our meals back to the 6-7 dollar range.
This summer it seems I've been surrounded by losses and ill children. My heart goes out to all my friends who've suffered such terrible losses, and to those who are struggling to get their children the care and help they need. I've been there and it's awful! I think of all of you (too many to list unfortunately)on a daily basis and you are all in my prayers!
Glad Game:
I'm glad we have airconditioning.
I'm glad we got to spend time with our families this summer and make unforgetable memories.
I'm glad we are able to afford our children the luxieries of sports... even if it means eating hot dogs for dinner and PB&J for lunch every day!
I'm glad I bit the bullet and got the dog. He brings so much more joy than I imagined.
I'm glad my children have all had a healthy summer.

No comments:
Post a Comment