That's been the word of the day.
It could easily be replaced with...
gross
stinky
horrible
exhausting
emotional
frustrating
Get the idea?
I've waited a while to write this post- because I'm still very upset by it all and it's still just beginning to unfold.
Rather than torture you with one big fat long post, I decided to start now and fill you in as things progress.
Jacey's Room
Shortly after we moved in (a month or two) I began noticing a small odor near Jacey's closet. I wrote it off to just being stuffy and opened a window.
It's progressivley gotten worse. A couple weeks ago before Jace's party we cleaned her carpets.
Little did we know we unleashed a monster. A few days passed and the stinch became unbearable. I spot cleaned. I broke out the carpet cleaner again. I tried another carpet cleaner. Still the smell became worse.
I removed all bedding and clothes. The next day I completely emptied her room. COMPLETELY. Like we were moving out. Empty.
I googled. I'm pretty positive it's cat urine. Or "spray"... but now I'm wondering if it's rabbit urine.
I know it's not from my cat. I found stains under furniture that has been there since we moved in. No way my cat could've gotten under a dresser... ya know?
I've spent probably $40 in different cleaners. I cleaned her carpets 3 times yesterday. It's still there. The stains. The smell.
My kitchen is filled with all of Jacey's furniture. Her clothes are all hanging in the laundry room. She's been sleeping in Gavin's room for a week now.
I called matinence out today to check on it. The guy took a look, pulled back carpet, sniffed, and left. He came back in the afternoon to deliver the bad news. The last tenants never put any pets on their lease- therefore the property management is not liable.
I've got calls in to fight that.
SQUEEK!!
The day before, the pest guy came to check on my suspicious noises. Sure enough we have mice living in our walls. I was honestly hoping for him to tell me I was just crazy. But no such luck. It gets EVEN BETTER!!! Not only do we have mice... we have rats too! Parties at our house!
Ew yuck gross vomit. I think I need a shower just talking about this. The pest guy was awesome. He happens to be from my home town too. Us small town folk stick together. He recommended we push for them to move us. And that was before I shared with him about Logan's condidtion.
I googled. A lot. I *heart* google. Come to find out this rodent party could be the cause for all of Logan's recent episodes of headaches and upset stomaches and generally not feeling well attitude. My Poor Boy!
So I'm now very aware that the musty smell in his room. It's always smelled.... funky. Think... small animal section in a ghetto pet store... on a humid day.
Needless to say this afternoon his room began the stripping process. I now have three kids sleeping in one room. I have done 12 loads of laundry in the last 2 days. I have gone through an entire big package of lysol wipes. And a gallon of bleach. I have physically wiped down and bleached every. single. toy. in Jace's closet and room. I wiped her walls down with bleach. I've called a doctor, housing, EFMP, friends, and a resiratory therapist. I also gave Gavin's room a quickie deep clean... if there is such a thing.
Tomorrow I will finnish Logan's room. I hope.
The goal now is to get moved out of here as soon as humanly possible . I'll be sure to keep you updated.
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment