It's 2:45am.... I'm still up. I am not even being productive. I'm listening to sad songs and crying. Anyone interested in good "army" songs... let me know I've built quite a collection.
My stomache has been in knots today. I got like this before I went to visit him. It's only been 5 weeks since I last saw him, but it won't be the same to have him home with us. The reality is sinking in that this one is finally over. I survived.
I survived with many tears and sleepless nights. And worries and ilnesses. The point is though I did it. As tough as it was, there were also plenty of laughs and smiles. The kids are happy, and so am I, even though Daddy is gone for a while.
People tell me it's like being a single mom, but I disagree. I don't feel any different than I did when he was here. I don't have to worry about who's paying my bills, or things like that. We are just like any other two parent family, he's just at work... for 4 months.
He still calls, and cares, and even when I haven't heard from him in a few weeks, I know he's still supportive of me and the work I do at home. We are still very much connected even with this great distance. The kids talk to him, and write him notes. We talk about Dad every day, all day. Jacey still won't tell me she loves me, which is something I was hoping to have accomplished by now. This is how it goes.....
Me: Jacey, I love you.
Jay: I love my Dad.
Me: Jacey, I love you...
Jay: Dad loves you too Mom.
Me: Jace, I love you, do you love me too?
Jay: I love my Dad....and you.
(I think she just feels sorry for me and wants me to stop bugging her)
Ya, he's still her #1. What is it with dad's and their little girls? Either way it's pretty cute. It'll be interesting to see if it takes her anytime to warm up to him again, or if they'll pick up right where they left off.
The boys can't wait either. They want him to come to school with them. They're so proud of their Dad.
With all this going on it's easy to forget about other things....like easter! Hope you all have a happy one :)
We still don't know where we are going, so don't ask. I will for sure let everyone know as soon as I do- promise! (Keep your fingers crossed for Ft Lewis)
Okay, it's 3 now.... guess I should go TRY to sleep at least a little. Maybe I'll work on my list of what needs to get done before he comes home.
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment